Monday, March 26, 2012

When You Wish Upon A Star!

Read below about one of our member's favorite musical experience!


My name is Erin Kearney and I am a sophomore music major. I have been playing violin for about ten years and have been in my high school’s advanced strings, Marywood University String Project, Marywood University’s orchestra and District 9 Orchestra before coming here. One experience from Scranton High School’s advanced strings was in my sophomore year of high school we were invited to perform in Disneyworld to be part of Disney’s Magic Music Days. Not many schools in my area get invited to go down to perform so it was great to show people outside of my area how we perform. For this trip, my parents, aunt, aunt and uncle came with us. On the day we were performing in Magic Kingdom, my cousins that live down in Florida came up to see our concert. The music was not incredibly hard, but we performed themes from “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End”, “The Star-Spangled Banner”(which had to be memorized), and “Palladio” as well as a few others. This experience is just great to say that not many people have the opportunity to perform in Disney World.

No comments:

Post a Comment